How To Make Your Own Fruit and Veggie Wash can be very easy, and the directions are mostly similar to the ones on most health food stores. What you will need is a bowl, a strainer, some washed vegetables (sweet potato, red pepper, etc), sea salt, pepper, and a squeeze bottle of your favorite juice. Put everything in the bowl, and mix thoroughly. If the veggies are chopped, you might want to add some bread crumbs or shredded cardboard. When it’s mixed, test it by squeezing a lemon or lime in it to see if it doesn’t taste right.
Make Your Own Fruit and Veggie
- The most important step in how to make your own fruit and veggie wash is cooking it properly. It should take about an hour from start to finish, so plan accordingly. You might have to cook the vegetables well so they don’t get mushy. Once you’re done, drain off any liquid. If there is juice left, that’s okay; just take away about half of the juice.
- How to make your own fruit and veggie wash is not complete without a garnish. If you would like to include a salad or some other side dish, now would be a good time to do so. Just add in whatever you would like. I like to put chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, or cucumbers on top after the fact.
- How to make a homemade cleanser is going to involve some degree of creativity. Since we’re talking about fruits and veggies here, it would probably be best if you use store-bought ones. To make sure they’re fresh, go out and buy some fresh ones at the store. When making your cleanser, use a juicer, especially if you have one. It makes things so much easier.
- When cutting into the fruits and veg, remember to cut them carefully so they don’t squash each other. My mom used to make a beautiful dessert by cutting up melon and carrots. This was actually the first time she had ever cut vegetables like this, so imagine what she must have felt like going through the grocery store looking for all these beautiful items. Take your time and go for good chunks, even though that means you’ll likely have to throw a few of them away. And once you’ve got your cleaned vegetables, use a strainer to remove the seeds and the stems from each one.
- Once you have all your vegetables cut up, it’s time to puree them. Just mix all of the pieces together and add any herbs or spices you want to kick it up a notch (just be sure not to leave any out! ), any oils you want to use (like olive oil), and your juice. Leave it on the counter for a few minutes so the flavours can really penetrate. Don’t put in too much juice though; you’ll want it to be a puree.
- Now it’s time to use your fruit and veggie wash. Mix together your homemade lemon juice and veggie mixture and apply it to all of your fruits and veggies. Let it sit for at least two hours before rinsing it out. This is entirely up to you. If you find that it cleanses too quickly for your liking, then simply add more liquid to it and give it another round of careful washing.
- At the end of the day, when you are finally ready to eat, toss all of your products in a large salad bowl. Add any additional ingredients like herbs, cheese and olives and you’re all set! How to make your own fruit and veggie wash isn’t that difficult, but it can certainly be rewarding if you do it right. Start with the easiest of recipes and you’ll soon be enjoying the health benefits of eating more fruits and vegetables than you ever thought was possible.